The Mother of the Bride is as special to us as our Bride, so as much as being a part of the Brides wedding journey we like to also make our mums wedding journey one also she will never forget.
We normally like to meet up with our mums if possible with our brides, and combine both trials at once. We go through our carefully organised profile for leading up to the wedding.
Points to consider:
- style you are looking for
- do you need to grow a little more length
- are you happy with your hair colour, will it match the colour you are looking at for your wedding outfit
- condition of your hair
- would a slight colour change or a body wave give you a little extra hold for the day?
These are some of the questions we need to know from you, prior to suggesting hairstyles.
One of the main questions we get asked is please don’t have my make up too dark and un-natural. This is very understandable, and we make suggestions along the way, making sure you are completely happy with what we doing as we go.
- have a look at some photos before your trial, magazines and the internet will give you an idea of what you want and what you don’t want
- keeping in mind your makeup does need to be a little darker for photos
- lipstick – you more than likely have a favourite, or a favourite tone of lipstick you like
- deciding on colours of your makeup will depend on your skin tone, and also what colour you are wearing
It’s a great idea to have pedicures and also manicures on a regular basis, stops feet cracking and strengthens fingernails.
The Months Leading Up To The Wedding
- have regular facials
- get yourself into a regular skin care routine
- having regular facials will help the makeup glide over your skin, helping it look a lot more natural
- exfoliate and moisturise all of your skin, not only your face, legs, arms and feet
- have regular hair treatments at home or in a salon, the use of good shampoo and conditioners makes such a difference to the holding of blow dry’s and also gives the hair extra body
- slight, colour or foils also gives extra body, and hold, give it a thought – it can make such a difference
Count Down To The Wedding Day
Thursday – Manicure and Pedicure, Eyebrows Waxed, Lashes Tinted.
Friday – Final sorting out do I have everything I need questions?
1. Shoes – stockings – happy feet
2. Bag – small purse size hairspray -perfume – panadol – handkerchief
3. Wedding outfit – pressed ready to go
4. Friday night, oil bath, and last minute phone calls.
5. Early night!
I have previously had my hair and makeup done for special occasions with disappointed results and I was naturally apprehensive but Diane promised me she would not let me down, she delivered on that promise. I found Diane and Monique to be prompt friendly and professional.
I put myself in their hands for both my hair and makeup and was completely transformed and thrilled with the end results. It was the start of a wonderful day, both hair and makeup lasted all day and right to the end of the night.
I would recommended Ultimate Bridal to anyone without hesitation.
Mother of the Bride